Matzo meal makes a perfect crumble topping for a fruity dessert made with pineapple and pears or apples to round out the Passover meal. Serve this recipe with a dollop of nondairy ice cream on the side if you'd like to dress it up. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Vegan Passover Pineapple Crumble
Matzo meal makes a perfect crumble topping for a fruity dessert made with pineapple and pears or apples to round out the Passover meal.Print Pin Rate Email
- 1 20 oz can unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained (or 1 ½ to 2 cups fresh pineapple, finely chopped)
- 2 medium pears or apples peeled, cored, and finely diced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- vanilla nondairy ice cream optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl, then pat into a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt the buttery spread in a skillet, then remove from the heat. Stir in the remaining topping ingredients until everything is evenly coated.
- Remove from the heat and pour over crust in the baking pan. Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the top of the pineapple mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the crumb topping is lightly golden. Serve warm on its own or with nondairy ice cream.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 147IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Find more at VegKitchen’s Passover: Ashkenazic-Style Seder page.
- Find more ways to make Special Occasions and Entertaining easier and healthier.
Of course Earth Balance is not Kosher for Passover. But thanks for the recipe!
Do you know whether there's anything like Earth Balance (nondairy) that's Kosher for Passover, DS?