Matzo meal makes a perfect crumble topping for a fruity dessert made with pineapple and pears or apples to round out the Passover meal. Serve this recipe with a dollop of nondairy ice cream on the side if you'd like to dress it up. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Vegan Passover Pineapple Crumble
- vanilla nondairy ice cream optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl, then pat into a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt the buttery spread in a skillet, then remove from the heat. Stir in the remaining topping ingredients until everything is evenly coated.
- Remove from the heat and pour over crust in the baking pan. Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the top of the pineapple mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the crumb topping is lightly golden. Serve warm on its own or with nondairy ice cream.