This quick Asian-style vegetable soup, combining crunchy bok choy with high-protein tofu, is perfect to team with a rice dish or a cold noodle dish like Orange Sesame Noodles. It's also delicious paired with Quinoa Scallion Fritters, as shown here.
- 32-ounce carton low-sodium vegetable stock
- 15-ounce can cut baby corn, with liquid (or whole baby corn,cut in half)
- 3 to 4 stalks bok choy, leaves included, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces firm or extra-firm tofu, well drained and cut into small dice
- 2 to 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari, or more, to taste
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh or jarred ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Bring the broth to a simmer in a soup pot.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook just until everything is heated through, no more than 5 minutes. Add a bit more water if the soup is too thick. Serve at once.