Here’s a super-simple snack that will please kids of all ages! These chocolatey crispy rice cereal balls make a perfect snack for evening or after school. Recipe Vicki Marquez. Photos by Jennifer Kathryn. ©2016, reprinted by permission.
Here’s a super-simple snack that will please kids of all ages! These chocolatey crispy rice balls make a perfect snack for evening or after school.Print Pin Rate Email
- 2 cups brown rice cereal
- ⅓ cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ⅓ cup almond butter or any nut/seed butter
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- Heat brown rice syrup, coconut oil, nut butter, salt, and cacao powder in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk together until melted and well combined, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add brown rice cereal and mix with spatula until the cereal is completely coated.
- Use a 1 ½ tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out the mixture and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate to cool and set for about 5 minutes.
- Flatten each mound or use hands to roll into balls or form into desired shapes.
- Return to fridge of another 30 minutes to fully set.
Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 45mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Here are more No-Bake and Raw Sweets.
Sara Boisclair, ND says
Love these, they're so crispy and chocolatey!