Here’s a super-simple snack that will please kids of all ages! These chocolatey crispy rice cereal balls make a perfect snack for evening or after school. Recipe Vicki Marquez. Photos by Jennifer Kathryn. ©2016, reprinted by permission.
- 2 cups brown rice cereal
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond butter or any nut/seed butter
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- Heat brown rice syrup, coconut oil, nut butter, salt, and cacao powder in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk together until melted and well combined, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add brown rice cereal and mix with spatula until the cereal is completely coated.
- Use a 1 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out the mixture and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate to cool and set for about 5 minutes.
- Flatten each mound or use hands to roll into balls or form into desired shapes.
- Return to fridge of another 30 minutes to fully set.
- Here are more No-Bake and Raw Sweets.