I could eat ramen every day! Why? Because ramen soup is pure comfort food and this recipe is so easy to prepare. This hearty version is filled with tofu.
- 8 oz firm tofu
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small piece ginger
- 270 g ramen noodles
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 zucchini
- ½ cup white mushroom slices
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 lime
- Cut the tofu into small cubes. In a bowl mix the cubes with 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger, and garlic.
- Place ramen in hot water and set aside for 5 minutes or until noodles become soft. Drain and rinse with cold water. Divide the noodles into the number of bowls you want.
- Sauté the tofu mixture in a saucepan for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the broth to the saucepan with tofu. Bring to boil, then add the rest of the soy sauce and the tomato sauce. Then add zucchini and mushroom. Cook for 6 to 8 more minutes.
- Pour the broth into the bowls with the noodles.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.