I could eat ramen every day! Why? Because ramen soup is pure comfort food and this recipe is so easy to prepare. This hearty version is filled with tofu.
Easy Tofu Ramen Soup
- 8 oz firm tofu
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small piece ginger
- 270 g ramen noodles
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 zucchini
- ½ cup white mushroom slices
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 lime
- Cut the tofu into small cubes. In a bowl mix the cubes with 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger, and garlic.
- Place ramen in hot water and set aside for 5 minutes or until noodles become soft. Drain and rinse with cold water. Divide the noodles into the number of bowls you want.
- Sauté the tofu mixture in a saucepan for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the broth to the saucepan with tofu. Bring to boil, then add the rest of the soy sauce and the tomato sauce. Then add zucchini and mushroom. Cook for 6 to 8 more minutes.
- Pour the broth into the bowls with the noodles.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.