This Hoisin-Glazed Bok Choy with Tofu and Soba Noodles recipe makes a quick, delicious dish of tofu and greens with a hint of citrus. For a dazzling plate, serve with a beet salad. Recipe from Wild About Greens;* photo by Gail Davis of Hungry Vegan.
Hoisin-Glazed Bok Choy with Tofu and Soba Noodles
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 (8 oz) package soba noodles
- 1/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 (14–16 oz) tub extra-firm tofu
- 2 tbsp olive or other healthy vegetable oil
- 6 stalks regular or 2 baby bok choy, sliced diagonally, leaves chopped
- 12 or so baby carrots, quartered lengthwise, or 3 medium carrots,
- peeled and sliced diagonally
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp grated fresh or jarred ginger
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice, preferably fresh
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari, or to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook the noodles according to package directions until al dente, then drain.
- Heat a stir-fry pan or large skillet. Add the almonds and toast on the dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until very lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Drain the tofu and cut into 6 slabs crosswise. Blot well between layers of paper towel or clean tea towel, then cut into dice.
- Heat the oil in the same pan. Add the tofu and sauté over medium-high heat until golden brown on most sides, stirring frequently.
- Add the bok choy, carrots, and scallions. Sauté for a minute or two, until the bok choy leaves wilt a bit, then add the hoisin sauce, and orange juice. Turn the heat up to high and cook, stirring, just for a minute or two longer. Remove from the heat.
- Add the noodles and toss with the other ingredients in the pan. Season with soy sauce and pepper and serve at once.
Per serving: 186.8 calories; 10.8g fat; 375.1mg sodium; 218.7mg potassium; 14.4g carbs; 1.7g fiber; 2.5g sugar; 10.5g protein
- Here are lots more easy tofu recipes.
- Here are more recipes for Leafy Spring Greens.
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes.
- Here are more recipes using Asian noodles.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!
This post was originally published on 23 July 2013.