Serves: 4 to 6
- 8-ounce package soba noodles
- 1/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 14-to 16-ounce tub extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive or other healthy vegetable oil
- 6 stalks regular or 2 baby bok choy, sliced diagonally, leaves chopped
- 12 or so baby carrots, quartered lengthwise, or 3 medium carrots,
- peeled and sliced diagonally
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh or jarred ginger
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice, preferably fresh
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook the noodles according to package directions until al dente, then drain.
Heat a stir-fry pan or large skillet. Add the almonds and toast on the dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until very lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Drain the tofu and cut into 6 slabs crosswise. Blot well between layers of paper towel or clean tea towel, then cut into dice.
Heat the oil in the same pan. Add the tofu and sauté over medium-high heat until golden brown on most sides, stirring frequently.
Add the bok choy, carrots, and scallions. Sauté for a minute or two, until the bok choy leaves wilt a bit, then add the hoisin sauce, and orange juice. Turn the heat up to high and cook, stirring, just for a minute or two longer. Remove from the heat.
Add the noodles and toss with the other ingredients in the pan. Season with soy sauce and pepper and serve at once.
Per serving: 186.8 calories; 10.8g fat; 375.1mg sodium; 218.7mg potassium; 14.4g carbs; 1.7g fiber; 2.5g sugar; 10.5g protein
- Here are lots more easy tofu recipes.
- Here are more recipes for Leafy Spring Greens.
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes.
- Here are more recipes using Asian noodles.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!