Fruit and vegan yogurt parfait is so simple that it's almost not a recipe at all, as welcome for breakfast as it is for dessert. Layering nondairy yogurts with seasonal fruits takes almost no effort, creating a treat that looks as appealing as it tastes. It's a real pleaser, as welcome for breakfast as well as desserts, and a good way to get kids (or the generally finicky) to eat more fruit.
Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits
Layering nondairy yogurts with seasonal fruits takes almost no effort, creating a treat that looks as appealing as it tastes.Print Pin Rate Email
- Two 6- to 8-ounce containers nondairy vanilla yogurt or lemon, or piña colada nondairy yogurt (coconut or other)
- 2 cups fresh fruit see suggestions, following
- Grated semi-sweet chocolate toasted sliced almonds, or granola for topping
- Use 4 parfait dishes if you have them; if not, medium-sized glass tumblers will do. For each serving, layer ¼ cup each of yogurt and fruit in the parfait dish.
- Repeat each layer, then do the same for the other parfaits.
- Sprinkle with the topping of choice, and serve.
Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 358IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Fruits and Combinations for Parfaits
For four parfaits, you can generally figure on using 2 cups of fruit. Try the following combinations or come up with your own.
- Strawberries: Remove the hulls from 1 pint of very sweet, ripe strawberries and slice them.
- Strawberries and blueberries: Combine 1 cup of strawberries, hulled and sliced, with 1 cup fresh blueberries.
- Peaches or nectarines with berries: Combine 1 cup diced ripe peach or nectarine, with 1 cup of berries.
- Mango and berries or banana: Combine 1 cup diced mango with 1 cup blueberries, raspberries, or sliced strawberries, or 1 cup thinly sliced banana.
- Make sure to explore the entire Veg Kids and Teens page on VegKitchen for lots of easy, healthy recipes for vegetarian and vegan kids and teens.
- Here are more recipes for fruity compositions.
Very cool maybe want to make this!! Sounds good.
great parfait. I've tried with vanilla yogurt and it's awesome. thanks.
oh very nice thing. i love it
This isn't a recipe you're just combining pre made stuff.