With the addition of tofu, this potato salad can be a flavorful dish during summer months, but is welcome any time of year. Simple though it is, it’s always a hit with guests, and is a good potluck dish. Photos by Evan Atlas. Adapted from The Vegetarian Family Cookbook.
Marinated Potato-Tofu Salad
With the addition of tofu, this potato salad can be a flavorful dish during summer months, but is welcome any time of year.Print Pin Rate Email
- 5 medium Yukon Gold or red-skinned potatoes
- 14- to 16- ounce tub extra-firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon exra-virgin olive oil
- ½ medium green pepper cut into short thin strips
- ½ medium red bell pepper cut into short thin strips
- ¼ to ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes oil-cured or not, as you prefer, thinly sliced
- ½ cup natural bottled vinaigrette or homemade vinaigrette
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Microwave or bake the potatoes in their skins until done but still firm. Let them cool to room temperature. Slip their skins off when they’ve cooled and cut into ½- to ¾-inch chunks and place in a serving container.
- Meanwhile, cut the tofu into ½-inch-thick slices. Blot well between clean tea-towels or several layers of paper towel, and cut into ½-inch dice.
- Heat just enough oil to coat the bottom of a wide skillet. Add the tofu and sauté over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until golden on most sides.
- Combine the tofu with the potatoes in the serving container. Add the remaining ingredients and stir together gently.
- Cover and allow the salad to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour. If needed, add a bit more vinaigrette to moisten, then stir again and serve.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 895mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 390IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Per serving: Calories: 327; Total fat: 18g; Protein: 15g; Fiber: 4.5g; Carbs: 31g; Sodium: 175mg
- See more of VegKitchen’s recipes for potato salads.
Leave a Reply