Make a simple vegan eggplant pizza recipe special by adding fresh tomatoes and olives to the top. It's a perfect pizza to make on cool summer evenings, though you can enjoy it year round as long as you can find decent tomatoes. Use tomatoes that are ripe yet firm, and dense and fleshy rather than seedy. Roma (plum) tomatoes are ideal for this.
Make It a Meal
This pizza goes down easy, so double the recipe to serve a hungry crowd; this recipe makes 6 slices, serving 2 to 3. Serve with a big colorful salad containing chickpeas for a simple and tasty meal.
Vegan Eggplant Pizza with Fresh Tomatoes and Olives
A trio of delectable toppings—tomatoes, eggplant, and olives—make a simple vegan pizza special. It's a perfect pizza to make on cool summer evenings, though you can enjoy it year round.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 2 to 3
- 1 small eggplant about 8 oz
- olive oil
- 1 12–14 inch good-quality pizza crust
- 3 –4 medium tomatoes or more if smaller or Roma (plum) tomatoes, sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 1 –1 ½ cups grated mozzarella-style vegan cheese Daiya works well for this
- 3 –4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- ¼ –⅓ cup sliced black olives such as Kalamata sliced
- dried hot red pepper flakes optional
- sliced fresh basil as desired
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Slice the eggplant into ½-inch rounds, then into dice. Place in a small parchment-lined baking pan and drizzle with a little olive oil, then sprinkle with a little salt.
- Place in the eggplant in a parchment-lined roasting pan and hot oven while preparing the rest of the pizza.
- Place the crust on a pan. Arrange the tomatoes on the crust, followed by the vegan cheese.
- Add the garlic to the eggplant in the pan and give it a stir. Return to the oven, along with the pizza.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the bottom of the crust is golden and the vegan cheese is well melted. At this point, the eggplant should be nicely roasted and tender, as well. If not, give it a few more minutes.
- Top the pizza with the eggplant-garlic mixture, scattered evenly atop the surface, followed by the olives, optional red pepper flakes, and basil. Cut into 6 wedges and serve.
Calories: 639kcal | Carbohydrates: 118g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1077mg | Potassium: 980mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 1592IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 228mg | Iron: 6mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Easy Pizza Recipes.
- Explore more eggplant recipes on VegKitchen.
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and Pizza Dinner Recipes.
- Explore lots more summer tomato recipes.
Jessica M. says
My hubby and my 13 yo DD loved this! As did I! My daughter went back for seconds, and thirds. She chose this pizza over the cheese pizza I made for the kids. Definitely a winner! Or as my family says" Keeper".
Glad you and your family enjoyed this, Jessica! Please come back for more recipes and tips ...