Serve this healthy Vegan Green Vegetable Pad Thai recipe with some lime wedges and edamame. It's perfect as a main course or as a hearty side dish.
- 7 oz rice noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup edamame
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 3 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Chop the vegetables and bring a large pot of water to a boil for the rice noodles.
- When the water is boiling, turn off the heat and add the rice noodles. Stir and leave in the water until cooked (about 5 minutes). Drain noodles and rinse under cool water.
- In a wok or a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add green pepper and onion; cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and edamame and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together.
- Add the cooked rice noodles and the sauce to the vegetables. Mix well and cook until the sauce is mostly absorbed, about 3 minutes.