This recipe for Vegan Pizzadillas, a fast and fun dinner idea, is a mash-up of pizza and quesadillas. Basically, you’re filling soft taco-size tortillas with the kinds of ingredients you’d use for making pizza—marinara sauce, vegan cheese, and lots of veggies. And you can just wing it as far as measurements, too.
About the Recipe
For a one-person meal, cut the recipe in half. All you need to complete this meal is a substantial salad with some cooked quinoa, beans or chickpeas, and/or sunflower seeds for a protein boost. This serves 2 hungry people or 4 moderately (1 or 2 pizzadillas per serving). Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
Vegan Pizzadillas (Pizza + Quesadilla)
This fast and fun dinner idea is a mash-up of pizza and quesadillas. Basically, you’re filling soft taco-size tortillas with the kinds of ingredients you’d use for making pizza — marinara sauce, vegan cheese, and lots of veggies.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 2 to 4
- 4 soft taco-size 8 inch flour tortillas, preferably natural and whole grain
- ½ to ⅔ cup marinara or pizza sauce your favorite all-natural brand or homemade
- 1 to 1 ¼ cup grated vegan mozzarella-style cheese I use Daiya
- 2 cups steamed or sautéed chopped vegetables try a combination of 2 or 3; choose from among onions, mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, peppers, spinach, fresh tomatoes, kale, etc.
- Spread each tortilla generously with sauce, then sprinkle each with ¼ cup of the cheese.
- Arrange about ½ cup of the steamed or sautéed vegetables on one half of the tortilla, then fold the other half over.
- Cook over medium heat on a dry skillet or griddle on both sides until golden and crisp. If your skillet or griddle is large enough, you can cook two at a time; otherwise just do one at a time. Either way, keep cooked pizzadilla warm while making the rest.
- Once they’re all done, serve at once. Leave them whole, as shown in the photo below, or cut in half as shown in the first photo. If not overly stuffed, you can picking these up and eat out of hand with plenty of napkins, or with knife and fork.
Calories: 536kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1518mg | Potassium: 680mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 9507IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 5mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Easy Pizza Recipes.
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and Pizza Dinner Recipes.
Sadhna Grover says
Great idea of vegan-pizzadillas. Looking great in picture. Thanks for sharing.
This is my kind of homemade pizza!I have tried a different version, but this one looks better. I have to try for my dinner next time! Thanks for this!