Broccoli and Baby Corn Stir-Fry
Here’s an easy and colorful side dish to accompany Asian noodle or tofu main dishes. This broccoli and baby corn stir-fry especially good with really fresh broccoli from the garden or farm stand.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, water, or vegetable broth
- 4 to 5 cups bite-sized broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced diagonally or into thick matchsticks,
or 1/2 cup baby carrots, halved lengthwise if thick
- 1 cup snow peas or snap peas, ends trimmed
- 15-ounce can baby corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh or jarred ginger
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds for garnish, optional
Heat the oils and wine together in a stir-fry pan, then add the broccoli and carrot. Stir fry until the broccoli is bright green and tender-crisp.
Add the snow peas, baby corn, and ginger. Stir-fry until the the snow peas turn bright green, just a minute or two longer. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with sesame seeds if desired, and serve.