Simple Spinach Rice
Here’s a simple, high-fiber recipe that takes advantage of the convenience of frozen chopped spinach. Use an organic brand, please! Though I prefer fresh spinach most of the time, I like how the frozen chopped spinach melds with the rice.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 cup raw brown rice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, completely thawed
- 2 to 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine the rice with 2 1/2 cups water in a saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil, then cover and simmer gently until the water is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Stir the remaining ingredients into the rice and serve at once.
- For more ways to use brown rice, explore Classic Rice Dishes.
2 comments on “Simple Spinach Rice”
Pingback: Great Cookbooks, Tempeh, Friends & Music « A Healthy Endeavor