Gingered Coconut Rice
Serve this simple brown rice side dish with bean dishes and vegetable curries.
- 2 cups water
- 15-to 16-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups brown or brown Basmati rice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger, or to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin, to taste
- Salt to taste
Combine the water and coconut milk in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
Stir in the rice, garlic, ginger, and cumin. Cover and simmer gently until the water is absorbed, about 30 minutes, and serve.
- For more ways to use brown rice, explore Classic Rice Dishes.