Mixed Greens Salad with Beets and Walnuts
Pickled beets are an appetizing addition to this simple salad of mixed green and carrots. Walnuts add a nice flavor.
Serves: 8 or more
- 4 to 6 ounces mixed baby greens (mesclun), or more as desired
- One 12-ounce jar pickled beets, drained
- 1 cup baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, lightly toasted if desired
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white balsamic vinegar, or to taste
Combine the ingredients in a serving bowl, toss well, and serve.