Pasta Salad with Broccoli, Tomatoes, and Red Beans
Here’s an easy pasta salad to make when summer tomatoes are at their best. It’s also a good summer potluck dish when a sturdy vegan option is needed.
Serves: 6 to 8
- 8 ounces pasta, any short, chunky shape (like bowties or cavatappi)
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 scallions, minced
- Sliced fresh basil leaves, to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds ripe, juicy tomatoes, diced
- 15- to 16-ounce can small red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Just before it’s done, add the broccoli florets and cook until they’re bright green.Drainand rinse until cool.
Combine the pasta and broccoli in a large serving bowl with the remaining ingredients. Toss well and serve.