Green Pea, Parsley, and Pistachio Dip
Serve this bright green dip surrounded by brightly colored vegetables—baby carrots, sliced red bell peppers, rounds of yellow squash, and thin wedges of raw sweet potato. Makes about 2 cups
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup very firmly packed parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2/3 cup shelled pistachios (see Note), raw or toasted, as you prefer
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 rice milk or water
Cook the peas in a steamer basket or in a small saucepan with just enough water to keep moist, until bright green and just tender-crisp.
In a food processor, combine the peas with the parsley, basil, pistachios, olive oil, juice of 1/2 lemon, salt, and water. Process until the mixture is an even, coarse puree, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides.
Taste, and if you’d like a more lemony flavor, squeeze the remaining half of the lemon and add that as well.
Note: Shelled pistachios are pretty easy to come by; try well-stocked supermarkets, natural food stores, or Trader Joe’s.
- Explore VegKitchen’s selection of flavorful snacks and dips.
- Here are more recipes and menu ideas for a Vegetarian and Vegan-Friendly Thanksgiving.