Quick Tomato-Herb Pasta Sauce
Here’s a homemade marinara-style sauce that doesn’t have to simmer for hours.
Serves: 4 to 6, with pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- One 14- to 16 ounce can diced tomatoes (Italian-style is nice!) with liquid
- One 14-ounce to 16-ounce can crushed or pureed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Minced fresh basil to taste, optional
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning blend (such as Mrs. Dash or Frontier)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and sauté over low heat until golden.
Add all the remaining ingredients, stir together, and cover. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and leaving the cover on slightly ajar so that the steam can escape. Serve hot over pasta.
Add approximately 2 cups of sautéed vegetables, such as eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, or a combination; or 2 cups of steamed, chopped broccoli.
- Here are lots more recipes for simple sauces and such.
- Here are lots more lighter seasonal vegan pasta recipes.