White Bean and Sun-Dried Tomato Pâté
Here’s an old standby that never fails to please. Serve with raw vegetables and crispbreads. Make the sliceable version of Smoky Cheddar Cheez and serve with crisp red grapes for a lovely array of appetizers.
Makes: about 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- One 15- to 16-ounce can canellini or great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup oil-cured sun-dried tomatoes
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onion and sauté over moderate heat until translucent. Add the garlic and continue to sauté until the onion is just beginning to brown.
Combine the onion mixture with all the remaining ingredients except the salt and pepper in the container of a food processor and process until completely smooth. Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of water or so, to loosen the consistency. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed.
Season with salt and pepper. Pat into an attractive shallow crock to serve. Place on a large platter and surround with whole-grain crackers and crispbreads.
- Explore VegKitchen’s selection of flavorful snacks and dips.
- Return to A Colorful Vegan Christmas (Vegetarians Welcome!) for a complete listing of holiday dinner recipes, menus, and desserts.
Print This Post
2 comments on “White Bean and Sun-Dried Tomato Pâté”
Pingback: A Colorful Vegan Christmas | Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes: In a Vegetarian Kitchen