Spicy Stir-Fried Sesame Broccoli
No matter what time of year, it seems like my family can’t get enough of broccoli, a favorite green veggie. Red pepper flakes—to your personal taste—give the dish a spark of heat in this speedy preparation. Photos by Evan Atlas.
- 2 large or 3 medium broccoli crowns
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or water
- 1 tablespoon natural granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Red pepper flakes to taste
Cut the broccoli crowns into bite-sized florets.
Gently heat the soy sauce, oil, and wine in a medium skillet. Stir in the sugar. Add the broccoli and stir quickly to coat. Turn the heat up to medium high and cover.
Cook until the broccoli is bright green and just tender-crisp. Uncover and stir-fry until any liquid remaining in the skillet is reduced. Stir in the sesame seeds, season with red pepper flakes, and serve.
Per serving: 90 calories; 4.5g fat; 165mg sodium; 10g carbs; 3.5g fiber; 4g protein
- Click here for more broccoli and cauliflower recipes.