Gently Curried Tofu Burgers
These mildly spiced vegan tofu burgers can be served on burger rolls with all of your favorite condiments. Or, serve them on their own as a side dish for grain, potato, or pasta dishes. Young children may enjoy eating these out of hand at room temperature.
Makes: about 1 dozen, 1 or 2 per serving
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- One 16-ounce tub soft tofu, drained well and finely crumbled
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons seasoning blend (such as Spike or Mrs. Dash)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, or to taste
- 1 scallion, minced, or 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, optional
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil for sauté pan
Place the oatmeal in a medium-sized mixing bowl and cover with 1/2 cup boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients except the oil to the mixing bowl and stir together until completely combined.
Heat enough oil to coat a wide nonstick skillet or griddle. Ladle the tofu mixture onto the skillet in 1/4-cup portions and flatten. Cook the patties on both sides over medium heat until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve warm or at room temperature.
Here are more:
- easy tofu recipes.
- vegan burger recipes
- Vegan Dinner Recipes and more Tofu, Tempeh and Vegan Sausage Main Dishes.