You'll never buy tartar sauce again once you've tried this delicious Quick Tartar Sauce! Even better than the taste, though, is the knowlege that it's completely vegan.
This super-easy cold sauce made with just three ingredients—vegan mayo, relish, and mustard. It's perfect for simple sautéed or grilled tofu or tempeh recipes. Use it as a dip or a spread—you could even douse a tasty sandwich or some fries in it!
How to Make Quick Tartar Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Use as you would like.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Full directions for how to make Quick Tartar Sauce are in the printable recipe card below.
Quick Tartar Sauce FAQs
What is tartar sauce?
The first tartar sauce, as we know it, was created in the east of France hundreds of years ago. Tartar sauce is a condiment often served with fish or seafood dishes. It has a mayonnaise base and is then filled with spices, pickles, and capers.
How long does this sauce last?
You can keep this sauce in your fridge for up to 1 week. Make sure to store it in an airtight container.
Here are lots more recipes for simple sauces and such.
Quick Tartar Sauce
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp prepared mustard as needed, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir together until well blended.
- Use sauce as desired—as a dip or a spread.
- Keep any leftovers well covered in the refrigerator.