Tomato-Mango Coconut Cooler
Think of this no-cook soup as a Thai-flavored gazpacho. It’s best with really lush summer tomatoes. Serve with a cold noodle dish for a quick summer meal. Adapted fromVegan Soups and Hearty Stews for All Seasons by Nava Atlas.
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 ripe mango, finely diced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, or more to taste
- Two 13.5-ounce cans light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon good-quality curry powder
- 1/4 cup jarred Thai peanut satay sauce,
whisked together with 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice, to taste
- Salt to taste
- Chopped peanuts for garnish, optional
Combine all ingredients except the last 2 in a serving container. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or two, until chilled.
Taste and adjust the seasonings. Top each serving with a sprinkling of chopped peanuts, if desired.
Per serving: Calories: 168; Total fat: 11g; Protein: 3g; Fiber: 2g;Carbs: 19g; Sodium: 46mg