Cold Fresh Tomato Soup
- 3 pounds very ripe, flavorful tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup tomato juice, or as needed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 to 2 scallions, minced, optional
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced basil leaves for garnish
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process to a chunky puree.
Transfer to a serving container and serve at once, or cover and refrigerate until chilled before serving.
Top each serving with some sliced basil leaves.Print This Post