Angel Hair Pasta with Fresh Tomato and Basil Sauce
This aromatic summer dish will get you out of the kitchen quickly. Try using the delicious Jerusalem artichoke variety of angel hair pasta (cappelini) available in natural food stores. This is a good accompaniment to grilled vegetables.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds ripe, juicy tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh basil, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped or sliced black or green olives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente, then drain.
Cut the tomatoes into quarters, or if very large, into smaller sections. Place in a food processor and pulse on and off until coarsely chopped.
Add the basil, parsley, scallions, and olives to the food processor and pulse on and off until everything is finely and evenly chopped, but don’t puree.
In a serving bowl, combine the pasta with the tomato mixture and olive oil. Toss together. Season gently with salt and pepper. Toss well and serve at room temperature.
- Explore other super-easy vegan main dish recipes.
- Explore lots more summer tomato recipes.
- Here are lots more light, seasonal vegan pasta recipes.
Print This Post