This dessert of amaretto-soaked strawberries is almost embarrassingly simple, yet luscious and low in fat. Amaretto is a liqueur made from almonds. It's a good way to serve this fruit during strawberry season. Photos by Evan Atlas.
This dessert of amaretto-soaked strawberries is almost embarrassingly simple, yet luscious and low in fat. Amaretto is a liqueur made from almonds.Print Pin Rate Email
- 1 pint sweet ripe strawberries, hulled
- ¼ cup amaretto liqueur
- Vanilla nondairy ice cream
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish optional
- Cut the strawberries into quarters and place them in a wide, shallow container.
- Crush them lightly, then stir in the amaretto.
- Cover and allow to soak for several hours, refrigerated.
- Serve in small bowls or pudding glasses over nondairy ice cream, garnished with mint leaves.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 311IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Here are more recipes for fruity compositions.
- Explore more recipes for strawberries, blueberries, and other berries.
Leave a Reply