Bold flavors mingle harmoniously in this flavorful dish featuring angel hair pasta with mushrooms and tomatoes. Serve with Mediterranean Bean Salad or a colorful green salad with added chickpeas.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces mixed mushrooms (choose from crimini,
baby bella, shiitakes or other), cleaned, stemmed, and sliced
- 28-ounce can diced tomatoes (try fire-roasted)
- 1/2 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes oil-packed or not, as you prefer
- 1/4 cup minced pitted black olives, preferably cured (like Kalamata)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons capers, optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- Raw Vegan Parmesan-Style Cheez for topping, optional
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and sauté over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Add the mushrooms and just enough water to keep the skillet moist. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the mushrooms are wilted.
Add the tomatoes, dried tomatoes, olives, and optional capers. Simmer gently, covered, until the mushrooms and dried tomatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente, then drain.
Combine the sauce and cooked pasta in a large serving bowl. Add the parsley and freshly ground pepper. Toss well and serve, passing around Parmesan-style cheez for topping, if desired.
- Here are more lighter seasonal vegan pasta recipes.