This Italian-Style Quinoa Salad can be served any season, cold or warm, and children love it! It’s super important to rinse the quinoa before cooking. Then cook it in water or broth—don't forget the bay leaf!
Any-Season Italian-Style Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup white or red quinoa
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 1 to mato diced
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- ½ cup corn
- 1 avocado
- chopped parsley to taste
- ½ cup olive or canola oil
- 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 2 tsp lime zest tea
- 2 tsp sugar
- Rinse the quinoa well under cold water In a saucepan until it’s clear. Heat the olive oil over medium heat, then coat the quinoa with the oil.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered—about 15 to 20 minutes for white quinoa and about 20 to 25 minutes for red.
- Let stand under cover for 10 minutes. Using a fork, detach the grains. Let cool.
- Mix the quinoa and the other ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the ingredients of the vinaigrette in a small bowl, and then pour over the quinoa salad. Mix gently.