The synergy of flavors of arugula, fresh figs, and toasty maple-flavored walnuts prove that you don’t need a lot of ingredients to create an exciting salad. Fresh figs are most often available during the summer months. Other times of the year, try this salad with apples or pears. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Arugula and Fresh Fig Salad with Maple-Glazed Walnuts
The synergy of flavors of arugula, fresh figs, and toasty maple-flavored walnuts prove that you don’t need a lot of ingredients to create an exciting salad.Print Pin Rate Email
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 to 3 big handfuls baby arugula
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 4 to 6 fresh figs stemmed and sliced into eighths lengthwise
- Store-bought raspberry or pomegranate vinaigrette as desired
- Combine the walnuts and syrup in a small skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the syrup reduces and completely coats the walnuts.
- In a serving container, combine the arugula, red cabbage, figs, and walnuts.
- Moisten as desired with vinaigrette, or pass around and let everyone use it as desired.
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 346IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Here are more of our Super Savory Salads.
Leave a Reply