This sweet, tart, and crunchy salad featuring arugula, jicama, and blood oranges is almost too pretty to eat. It goes well with a savory soup. Recipe and photo from Raw and Simple Detox by Judita Wignall, @2015 Quarry Books, reprinted by permission.
Arugula Salad with Jicama, Blood Orange, and Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries thawed if necessary
- 1 ⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 3 to 4 leaves basil chopped
- 3 blood oranges or regular oranges
- 3 cups arugula loosely packed
- 2 cups julienned iicama
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts soaked and chopped
- Blend all the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Remove the rind, pith, membrane, and seeds of oranges.
- Toss the salad ingredients in a large bowl and then drizzle with the dressing.
Note: Plan ahead by soaking raw walnuts for 4 to 6 hours, then rinsing and draining.
- See more of VegKitchen’s raw and almost-raw recipes.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!