Here’s a festive and fabulous way to serve a first course salad featuring avocado, any time of the year. Spooned into tiny parfait or champagne glasses, this tasty combo provides a refreshing change to a standard green salad. Recipes from Laura Theodore's Vegan-Ease: An Easy Guide to Enjoying a Plant-Based Diet © Laura Theodore 2015, Jazzy Vegetarian, LLC. Reprinted by permission.Photos by David Kaplan.Learn more about Vegan-Ease and its tie-in with Jazzy Vegetarian (Season 5) following the recipe.
Avocado Salad Parfaits
Dressing Juice from half a medium lemon
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil see note
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon sea salt plus more as needed
- 10 to 14 grape or cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 medium-to-large avocado pit removed, peeled and diced
- Put all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk briskly to emulsify.
- Put all of the salad ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour in the dressing and gently stir to combine. Season with more salt, to taste. Cover and refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes before serving.
- To serve as a fancy first course, spoon into pretty glasses, displayed on a decorative plate.
Note: For an oil-free dressing, omit the olive oil and proceed with the recipe as directed.
Based on 5 servings: Calories: 54; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated fat: 1g; Protein: 1g; Sodium: 4 mgs; Carbs: 5g; Sugars: 1g; Fiber: 2g
JAZZY VEGETARIAN Season FIVE
Premieres MAY 4TH, 2016 on the CREATE Network!
TASTE Award-Winning Season! "Best Health and Fitness Program, Food and Diet”
Filled with fabulous, “ved-ucational” guests, and plenty of jazzy-licious, plant-based recipes!
Jazzy Vegetarian SEASON FIVE, starring Laura Theodore, premieres MAY 4th, 2016 on the CREATE Network! The award-winning season is filled with fabulous, “ved-ucational” guests, and plenty of jazzy-licious, plant-based recipes. From Sunday Brunch to a Garden-Fresh Dinner, Laura Theodore cooks healthy, delicious food for family and friends.
Beginning May 4th, Jazzy Vegetarian airs on CREATE every Wednesday (8:30AM EST and 2:30PM EST) and Sunday (8:30 AM EST). Learn more about the show here.
Check local listings for time slots in your area.
- Here are more recipes by Laura Theodore.
Leave a Reply