This luscious salad adds substance to a meal when served with light main dishes, and makes a nice at-home lunch on weekends and holidays. This is a tasty salad to stuff into a pita or wrap up. Or, for a light meal, serve with soup and fresh bread.
- 4 ounces baked tofu (half of an 8-ounce package), diced or cut into strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 3 to 4 ounces mixed baby greens, or as desired
- 1 medium-large firm, ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- Juice of ½ lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- Natural dressing of your choice, or any
homemade salad dressing of your choice (see Note)
Combine the tofu, bell pepper, and lettuce in a serving bowl.
Just before serving, toss the avocado and apple dice with the lemon juice in another bowl, then add to the salad and toss together.
Moisten with the dressing of your choice, then serve, passing additional dressing around.
Per serving (without dressing): Calories: 188; Total fat: 10g; Protein: 7g; Fiber: 5.2 g
Carbs: 21g; Sodium: 321mg
- Here are more recipes for colorful green salads.