This salad dressing featuring olive oil, tahini, apple cider vinegar, and lemon, makes even the simplest salad shine. Excellent on green salads, slaws, and more. I highly recommend this with Hearty Seitan Salad. Adapted from The Vegetarian Family Cookbook.
Makes: about 1 cup
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup sesame tahini (see note)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, to taste
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or maple syrup
- Juice of ½ lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium natural soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish and/or dried chives, optional
Combine all ingredients in a tightly lidded bottle and shake thoroughly, or in a bowl and whisk together. Taste and adjust the vinegar, agave, lemon, and soy sauce so that you get a flavor balance that's to your liking.
Shake or stir well before each use. Cover and store unused portion in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before using.
Note: If your tahini is rather stiff, you might need to do this in a mini-prep food processor, blender, or in a container with an immersion blender.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: Calories: 168 Total fat:17g; Protein: 2g; Fiber: .7g; Carbs: 3g
- See VegKitchen’s selection of Classic Salad Dressings.
Leave a Reply