Colorful vegetables blend well with barley. This comforting soup will warm you from head to toe during the fall and winter.
Thai Barley Soup
Colorful vegetables blend well with barley. This comforting soup will warm you from head to toe during the fall and winter.Print Pin Rate Email
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 ½ teaspoons red curry paste
- ½ cup pearl barley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a large saucepan, heat half of the oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot, and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add garlic, ginger, and curry paste; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add barley, salt, pepper, and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 40 minutes or until barley is tender.
- Add lime juice and mix. Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes, then serve.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1495mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2488IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.