These tasty cookies are packed with nutritious flavor from pumpkin seeds and dark chocolate chips. Yum!
These rich-tasting, slightly chewy cookies come together quickly, for those times when you just need a snack pronto.
Pumpkin seeds are a good source of zinc, involved in more body processes than any other mineral and important for healthy immune functioning.
Oh.. and they taste amazing too.
This recipe comes from Naturally Sweet and Gluten Free: Allergen-Friendly Vegan Desserts by Ricki Heller. Photo by Celine Saki. Reprinted by permission of Sellers Publishing, ©2013.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Seed Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, stevia, water, and vanilla until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the pumpkin seed butter, flax, flour, and salt and mix well to form a very thick and sticky dough. Stir in the chips.
- Using a heaping teaspoon, scoop the dough and roll it into small balls, placing them about one inch apart on the cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with your palm (or use a silicone spatula).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the sheet about halfway through, until the cookies are light golden brown (the dough will lighten as the cookies bake). Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It may also be frozen.