The preparation of this banana pizza is almost ridiculously easy, consider how impressive the results are. The first time I actually had this for dessert was in an Italian restaurant in Paris, presented as "Banana Pizza Chocolatino." Combining a good-quality pizza crust and chocolate chips with bananas and another fresh fruit is a combination of pure genius and absolute simplicity.
Use a neutral-flavored crust for this (no herbs, dried tomatoes, or other savory flavors). I like sourdough, as its slight bite contrasts nicely with the sweet dark chocolate. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
Chocolatey Banana Pizza
Combining a good-quality pizza crust and chocolate chips with bananas and another fresh fruit is a combination of pure genius and absolute simplicity.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 6 to 8
- One 12-inch good-quality pizza crust
- ¾ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 medium bananas sliced
- ¾ cup sliced ripe peeled pear sliced strawberries, or whole raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Place the pizza crust on a stone or baking sheet. For ease of serving, cut into 6 to 8 wedges before placing in the oven.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the crust.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the crust is golden and the chocolate chips are melted; remove from the oven.
- Arrange the fruit evenly over the surface of the pizza. Let cool for 10 minutes, then serve.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- Here are more recipes for fruity compositions.
Leave a Reply