Brimming with fresh corn and tomatoes, this sturdy, savory pasta salad is a reliable offerings for summer company, and is easy enough for everyday meals. This is a delicious accompaniment to grilled vegetables or veggie burgers. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Pasta Salad with White Beans and Corn
Brimming with fresh corn and tomatoes, this sturdy, savory pasta salad is a reliable offerings for summer company, and is easy enough for everyday meals.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 4 to 6
- 8 to 10 ounces rotelle rotini, or farfalle (bowtie pasta)
- 15- to 16- ounce can cannellini or navy beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels preferably fresh (from 3 large ears)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes preferably not oil-cured, or ½ cup sliced black olives such as kalamata
- 2 cups finely diced firm ripe tomatoes
- 2 to 3 scallions sliced
- Chopped fresh basil and oregano leaves as desired
- Prepared or homemade Vinaigrette about ⅓ or as desired to moisten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Drain and rinse under cool water, then drain well again.
- Combine the pasta with the remaining ingredients and the dressing in a serving bowl, and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed, or let stand at least 15 minutes at room temperature to allow the flavors to blend before serving.
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 1285mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 837IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 6mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
- VegKitchen has lots more recipes for using fresh corn.
- Here are more pasta salad recipes.
Leave a Reply