Brimming with fresh corn and tomatoes, this sturdy, savory pasta salad is a reliable offerings for summer company, and is easy enough for everyday meals. This is a delicious accompaniment to grilled vegetables or veggie burgers. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Pasta Salad with White Beans and Corn
- 8 to 10 ounces rotelle rotini, or farfalle (bowtie pasta)
- 15- to 16- ounce can cannellini or navy beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels preferably fresh (from 3 large ears)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes preferably not oil-cured, or ½ cup sliced black olives such as kalamata
- 2 cups finely diced firm ripe tomatoes
- 2 to 3 scallions sliced
- Chopped fresh basil and oregano leaves as desired
- Prepared or homemade Vinaigrette about ⅓ or as desired to moisten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Drain and rinse under cool water, then drain well again.
- Combine the pasta with the remaining ingredients and the dressing in a serving bowl, and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed, or let stand at least 15 minutes at room temperature to allow the flavors to blend before serving.