Need a little treat? Pineapple ice cream with a dusting of shredded coconut and cacao nibs satisfies any sweet tooth…without the fat and processed sugar! Three basic ingredients, all pure foods, whipped up into a creamy frozen dessert that couldn’t be easier to make. Recipe and photo contributed by Cristina Cavanaugh, from Begin Within Nutrition.
Makes 1 serving
- 2 cups pineapple chunks (preferably fresh; otherwise use
drained unsweetened canned pineapple (reserve juice for other use)
- 1 cup vanilla nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon use maple syrup or agave nectar, or to taste
- Shredded coconut flakes for topping, optional
- Cacao nibs for topping, optional
Freeze the pineapple for several hours or overnight, until completely frozen.
Combine the pineapple, nondairy milk, and sweetener in a food processor and blend until the mixture has a smooth ice cream consistency is formed. You can also use the frozen dessert setting on a high-speed blender like Vitamix or Blendtec.
Top with shredded coconut flakes and cacao nibs, if you’d like.
Per serving (with the optional coconut flakes and cacao nibs): 449 calories; 86g of carbs; 15g of fat; 8g of protein; 126mg of sodium; 46g of sugar
- Enjoy more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Ice Cream recipes.