Don't be daunted by the list of ingredients used here; it all comes together quickly, as the idea is to cook everything as briefly as possible. Enveloped in plenty of coconut milk, this Curried Coconut Bean Thread Noodles recipe—made with lots of vegetables—becomes quite luscious. Serve with a simple tofu or tempeh dish and a platter of raw veggies. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
Curried Coconut Bean Thread Noodles
Enveloped in plenty of coconut milk, this dish of noodles and vegetables becomes quite luscious.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 3 to 4
- 4 oz bean thread noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 14–15 oz can light coconut milk
- 1 15 oz can baby corn, drained (cut in half if you'd like)
- 1 cup snow peas trimmed
- 1 medium zucchini cut into eighths lengthwise, then into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into narrow 2-inch strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms optional
- 3 scallions cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 tsp good-quality curry powder
- Sriracha or other hot sauce to taste
- salt to taste
- Cover the noodles with boiling water in a heatproof container. Cover and let stand for 6 to 8 minutes, or according to package directions, until al dente.
- Drain the noodles, rinse briefly with cool water, then use kitchen shears or a sharp knife to cut here and there into shorter lengths.
- While the noodles are soaking, heat the oil in a stir-fry pan. Add the garlic and sauté over medium-low heat until golden.
- Add the remaining ingredients except salt; bring to a rapid simmer, then lower the heat and simmer gently for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked noodles and season with salt. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes, until the noodles have absorbed much of the coconut milk, then serve.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 500mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1872IU | Vitamin C: 86mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Per serving: 220 calories; 10g fat; 310mg sodium; 33g carbs; 4g fiber; 2g protein
- Explore more recipes using Asian noodles.
Leave a Reply