Mango lassi is a simple and tasty beverage from Indian cuisine that’s usually made with yogurt and/or milk. Substitute coconut yogurt and your favorite non-dairy milk and you've got a fantastic non-dairy version. Lush, ripe seasonal mango is best for this, but canned mango works as well. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Dairy-Free Mango Lassi
- 1 ½ to 2 cups chopped fresh mango 1 large or 2 medium; or 15-ounce can with liquid
- ⅔ cup coconut yogurt
- 1 ½ cups vanilla unsweetened nondairy milk or as needed
- Sweetener of choice to taste, optional
- A few ice cubes optional
- Pinch ground cardamom optional
- Combine the mango, yogurt, and nondairy milk in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick, add more nondairy milk and give it another whirl.
- Taste for sweetness, and if desired, add your preferred sweetener — agave, maple syrup, or stevia.
- Add a few ice cubes if you’d like to have the drink nice and cold, plus a pinch of cardamom if using. Blend again and divide between 2 to 3 glasses to serve.
- Here are more Fruit Smoothies Every Day.