As a change of pace from the classic strawberry-banana combo, try this easy chocolate raspberry banana smoothie. Use frozen raspberries any time of year (keep them frozen for a frosty treat!) and fresh raspberries whenever possible. This makes about two 12-ounce smoothies.
- 1 large banana (frozen ahead of time if desired)
- 1 heaping cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds, optional
- A few ice cubes, optional
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smoothly pureed. For a thinner smoothie or more servings, add more almond milk. Serve at once.