Did you know you can make these vegan banana oat pancakes with just 3 simple ingredients? Light and fluffy pancakes that are a vegan friendly breakfast option. No milk or eggs needed for this breakfast idea.
This Vegan Banana Oat Pancake Recipe Is...
- Egg Free
- Dairy Free
- 3 Ingredient Recipe
How to Make Vegan Banana Oat Pancakes
Full steps on how to make vegan banana oat pancakes are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Start by grabbing a blender and add in the ingredients.
- Blend until it is mixed fully, slowly adding in the remaining coconut milk.
- Heat your pancake griddle or skillet. Then pour ¼ cup of the batter.
- Let it cook, then flip and finish cooking the other side.
Helpful Tips for Making Banana Oat Pancakes
High Speed Blender
When you go to mix up the pancake batter you do need to use a high speed blender. It is going to whip up the mixture and break it down enough to create a thick batter. You can't do it without blending.
Whether you use a pancake griddle or nonstick skillet make sure to grease the pan if needed. This is going to make sure that when you go to flip the pancakes they don't stick.
Bubbles On Pancakes
You will see that when your pancakes are cooking little bubbles will form on the batter. Once those bubbles begin to pop you can check to flip your pancake gently to cook the other side. Generally they are ready to flip or close to flip at that point.
Variations to Banana Oat Pancakes
Stir in some fruit at the end of mixing up your batter. This is going to be great at folding into the batter right before you cook. Or pour the batter and then sprinkle on fruit.
You can add in a drizzle of maple syrup to make the pancake itself sweeter. Or you can add in a little sweetener to make the pancakes sweeter to the taste.
Peanut Butter or Nut Butter
Once your pancakes are done, add a layer of peanut butter or nut butter of choice on top of the pancake. It will add tons of flavor and protein.
Banana Oat Pancakes FAQs
How to store banana oat pancakes?
You can store any pancakes you don't eat right away in a container in the fridge. Just store for 3-5 days in the fridge. Then when you want you can warm up in the microwave or in a skillet on the stove.
Can you freeze leftover pancakes?
Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and then place pancakes in a single layer. Flash freeze your pancakes then place in a freezer container or freezer bag. The pancakes will store for 3-4 months in the freezer. Then defrost from frozen in the microwave or even toss in the toaster to warm them up.
Does this recipe double?
Yes, you can make extra pancakes if you would like. Just make sure your blender is large enough and can handle a larger batch. Then cook the same and place pancakes on cooling rack or place in the oven at 200 degrees to keep warm until you are ready to serve.
Vegan Banana Oat Pancakes
- In a high speed blender, add the oats, banana, and ¾ cup coconut milk
- Blend on high , adding more coconut milk if needed to get it to blend smooth, batter will be very thick
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, once hot add ¼ cup of batter and use the back of the scoop to gently press down flat
- Cook 2-3 minutes each side, or until firm and golden on both sides
- Serve with banana, walnuts, and maple syrup