Whip up a batch of these vegan almond flour pancakes for your breakfast this morning. These almond flour-based pancakes are filled with flaxseed, ripe bananas, and more to help add nutrients and flavor.
Drizzle on some syrup, dust with powdered sugar, or add on some fresh berries. No matter how you serve up these homemade vegan pancakes, they are a hit.
These Vegan Almond Flour Pancakes are...
- Quick to make
- Something the whole family can enjoy
How to Make Vegan Almond Flour Pancakes
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond milk, flaxseed, 3 tablespoons water, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Next, mash bananas and incorporate them into the batter.
- Now add in the two flour blends, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour a thin layer of oil into your pan, and heat. Then add in your pancake batter, and cook until bubbles form around the edges.
- Flip and repeat until the pancakes are fully cooked.
- Garnish with warm syrup, fruit, nuts, etc.
The full measurements and instructions for this pancake recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
Tips and Tricks
Pour the pancake batter into a hot griddle that has been oiled. Otherwise, you won't get that browned outside on your pancakes and the texture won't be the best.
Grab a pancake flipper—which is a really large spatula. These are great for sliding under the pancakes to flip easily. I have found these to be a handy tool when it comes to making pancakes.
If you don't own a pancake griddle, you might really enjoy getting one. You are able to cook a handful of pancakes at once. It helps speed up making breakfast. Alternately, you can be cooking sausage or bacon on one side of the griddle while you are cooking your pancakes on the other side.
Fresh Fruit or Chocolate Chips
Reach for some vegan chocolate chips or toss some fresh fruit into the pancake batter; either option will give you a more flavorful pancake. Have fun and use what you generally would when you make pancakes.
Instead of vanilla extract, use almond extract. It adds a totally different flavor to the pancakes, and it is so tasty. You could even try half-vanilla and half-almond extract in the pancake batter.
Vegan Almond Flour Pancakes FAQs
What does flaxseed do in vegan pancakes?
The flaxseed is made into flaxseed eggs. Adding water to the flaxseed creates an egg replacement in a traditional pancake recipe.
How to store leftover pancakes?
If you do not eat all the pancakes, go ahead and refrigerate them. They will last 2–3 days in the fridge.
You can eat these refrigerated pancakes cold or warm them up in the microwave. If choose to use the microwave, place a cup of water in the microwave along with the pancakes. This will keep the pancakes moist.
Can you freeze almond flour pancakes?
Go right ahead and freeze any vegan pancakes you don't want to eat right away. Just lay out the pancakes in a single layer and flash freeze them.
Once the pancakes are frozen, transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag. Then freeze the pancakes for up to 3–4 months.
Vegan Almond Flour Pancakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup gluten-free flour or all-purpose plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 overripe banana mashed
- ½ -¾ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp flaxseed + 3 tbsp warm water
- Optional: ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Optional: fruits to garnish
- In a medium bowl mix vanilla extract, almond milk, and flaxseed + 3 tbsp of water. Stir well to combine.
- Add mashed banana and stir again until the batter is smooth.
- Add both almond and gluten-free flour, ground cinnamon, and salt. Mix until combined. Batter should be thicker now.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a nonstick skillet. Then pour in 2 tbsp of the batter for each pancake. Cook on low heat about 2–3 minutes for each side.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with maple syrup, fruits, or nuts.