Moist, chewy, and delicious, these tasty treats take just a few minutes to put together, and they bake up in 20 minutes. They make a great no-added-sugar after-school snack for kids or an anytime snack for you. From More Quick-Fix Vegan* by Robin Robertson reprinted by permission of Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2014. Photos by Shana Paluba.
- 2 cups chopped pitted dates (soaked and drained, if your dates are dry)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking pan.
In a food processor, combine the dates, pecans, oats, and raisins and process until crumbly. Add all of the remaining ingredients and process until well combined, adding a little water, a tablespoon at a time, if the mixture is too dry.
Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm to the touch. Let cool before cutting into bars to serve.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Cookies and Bars.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!