Summertime means that beautiful and delicious fresh berries are here, so why not cook them in this Easy Rustic Summer Berry Pie recipe?
Easy Rustic Summer Berry Pie
Summertime means that beautiful and delicious fresh berries are here, so why not cook them in this Easy Rustic Summer Berry Pie recipe?Print Pin Rate Email
- 5 cups berries of your choice trimmed and sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ tsp cornstarch
- ½ orange for juice and zest
- 1 tbsp vegan butter cut in small pieces
- 1 package store-bought pastry dough
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- raw sugar to sprinkle
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the filling, except the butter. Set berry filling aside.
- Place the rack in the center of the oven preheated to 400°F.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough and form a 13" diameter circle. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the berry mixture in the center of the dough, leaving a 3" border. Sprinkle berry filling with pieces of vegan butter.
- Fold the dough border over the berry mixture.
- Brush the milk over the edges of the pie. Sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake pie for 15 minutes at 400°F. Then bake about 35 more minutes at 350°F or until the filling is bubbling and the crust is golden brown. Rotate the pie a few times during cooking.
- Let cool on a rack before serving.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 95mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.