Summertime means that beautiful and delicious fresh berries are here, so why not cook them in this Easy Rustic Summer Berry Pie recipe?
- 5 cups berries of your choice trimmed and sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ tsp cornstarch
- ½ orange for juice and zest
- 1 tbsp vegan butter cut in small pieces
- 1 package store-bought pastry dough
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- raw sugar to sprinkle
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the filling, except the butter. Set berry filling aside.
- Place the rack in the center of the oven preheated to 400°F.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough and form a 13" diameter circle. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the berry mixture in the center of the dough, leaving a 3" border. Sprinkle berry filling with pieces of vegan butter.
- Fold the dough border over the berry mixture.
- Brush the milk over the edges of the pie. Sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake pie for 15 minutes at 400°F. Then bake about 35 more minutes at 350°F or until the filling is bubbling and the crust is golden brown. Rotate the pie a few times during cooking.
- Let cool on a rack before serving.
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.