Hummus is traditionally prepared with chickpeas, however this hummus is prepared with edamame beans. Serve hummus with grilled pitas, tortilla chips, or raw vegetables.
- 1 bag 375 g shelled edamame beans
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp sesame seed
- Place the edamame beans in a saucepan with enough salted water to cover them. Boil over medium-low heat and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Purée garlic with food processor. Add cooked beans, tahini, water, coriander, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt until the texture is smooth.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.