Hummus is traditionally prepared with chickpeas, however this hummus is prepared with edamame beans. Serve hummus with grilled pitas, tortilla chips, or raw vegetables.
Edamame Hummus with Coriander
Hummus is traditionally prepared with chickpeas, however this hummus is prepared with edamame beans. Serve hummus with grilled pitas, tortilla chips, or raw vegetables.Print Pin Rate Email
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 bag 375 g shelled edamame beans
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp sesame seed
- Place the edamame beans in a saucepan with enough salted water to cover them. Boil over medium-low heat and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Purée garlic with food processor. Add cooked beans, tahini, water, coriander, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt until the texture is smooth.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Calories: 570kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 15g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Sodium: 1470mg | Potassium: 398mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 312IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 4mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.