A buddha bowl is a healthy meal composed of various vegetables layered over a base of grains. This Chickpea Buddha Bowl recipe uses quinoa for its base.
Fresh Chickpea Buddha Bowl
A buddha bowl is a healthy meal composed of various vegetables layered over a base of grains. This Chickpea Buddha Bowl recipe uses quinoa for its base.Print Pin Rate Email
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 pepper sliced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 6 mini bok choy
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 pinch ground coriander seeds
- ⅔ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup sprouts
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ tbsp rice vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a bowl, mix the onion, pepper, chickpeas, and bok choy with a dash of olive oil, a pinch of cumin, another of turmeric and another of ground coriander seeds.
- Place the vegetables on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, arrange all ingredients, starting with quinoa. Then add vegetables, sprouts, and parsley.
- Mix the oil with the rice vinegar, and sprinkle the Buddha bowl lightly with salt and pepper.
Calories: 581kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1873mg | Potassium: 6677mg | Fiber: 32g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 112630IU | Vitamin C: 1139mg | Calcium: 2707mg | Iron: 22mg
Vegan-ize any recipe!Grab our free vegan cheat sheet, packed with my favorite easy substitutions to make any recipe vegan.
Leave a Reply