When summer delivers ice cream weather, we turn to this brilliant three-ingredient recipe: chocolate banana nice cream — naturally vegan and low-fat. Just cut up the bananas, freeze and swirl with your favorite flavors.
We have some real chocoholics under our roof, but you could use anything—frozen strawberries, blueberries or a little vanilla extract. Bonus — this nice cream is nut-free, soy-free, and gluten-free too!
For more delicious treats, check out our other vegan ice cream recipes or all of our tasty vegan desserts.
Recipe from Frugal Vegan: Affordable, Easy & Delicious Vegan Cooking by Katie Koteen & Kate Kosbee, Page Street Publishing Co. © 2017, reprinted by permission. Photos by Allie Lehman.
Vegan Chocolate Banana Nice Cream
- 4 bananas peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces and frozen
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Nondairy milk just a splash to get things moving in your blender
- Hemp seeds
- Vegan protein powder
- Almond butter or other nut butter
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Fresh fruit
- Roasted coconut chips
- Drop the bananas, cocoa powder, and nondairy milk into a blender or food processor. Add a small amount of one or two of the optional mix-ins. Blend until creamy.
- Serve immediately (or refreeze briefly, see note below) with toppings, if desired.
Leave a Reply