This is a powerhouse salad, full of vegetables, protein, nutrients. The dressing is so easy (and versatile) and really packs an extra punch. This salad did not stand a chance; I sat down and devoured this in no time. It kept me full for really long time. This is also great to pack for lunch because the dressing does not make it soggy. Tahini is made of ground sesame seeds and adds to the rich texture of the dressing, while giving it a great nutty taste. Recipe and photo contributed by Meg Staples, of Veggie Staples.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium cucumber
- 3 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 cups red cabbage
- 1 scallion (green onion)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen edamame (green soybeans), cooked
- 1 cup snap peas (in pods)
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ¼ cup raw tahini (or peanut butter/almond butter)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh or ground ginger
Cut zucchini, cucumber, carrots, pepper, cabbage, and scallion into long narrow ribbons. If you have a spiral slicer, you can spiralize the zucchini and cucumber.
Combine chopped veggies, edamame, snap peas, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds in a large bowl.
Combine all dressing ingredients into a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Pour over salad and toss together.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Main-Dish Salads.