This Grated Root Vegetable Salad with Tahini Dressing makes these humble veggies shine. Amaze all your guests with this beautiful yet low-effort salad.
Include your choice of golden beets, turnips, jicama, carrots, and daikon radishes in your salad. The rich, tangy tahini dressing adds a big yum factor! You'll definitely want to use a food processor to make it, though.
How to Make Grated Root Vegetable Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Stir dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Toss together grated vegetables and dressing.
- Season and toss again. Serve at once.
Full directions for how to make Grated Root Vegetable Salad with Tahini Dressing are in the printable recipe card below.
Grated Root Vegetable Salad with Tahini Dressing FAQs
What kind of vegetables should I use?
Use whatever vegetables you prefer for your salad. I love using non-traditional vegetables like jicama, daikon radishes, and golden beets. You could also use purple potatoes and colorful heirloom carrots. Just make sure your vegetables are stiff enough to grate!
Can I use a blender to make this salad?
No, you will need a food processor to make this grated vegetable salad. The food processor will help you to grate and slice your vegetables easily.
Alternatively, you could use a vegetable slicer or a cheese grater to slice your veggies. The process will be much slower, but it is possible.
Explore more of VegKitchen’s super savory salads.
Grated Root Vegetable Salad with Tahini Dressing
- 4 cups grated raw vegetables use a combination of 2–3 trimmed and peeled carrots, turnips, jicama, golden beets, and daikon radishes
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp tahini sesame paste
- 2–3 tbsp lemon juice to taste
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh dill minced, or ¼ tsp dried
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir together.
- Place the grated vegetables and dressing in a serving bowl. Toss until completely combined.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss again. Serve at once.
Leave a Reply