This hummus wrap is chock-full of flavor and a good use of leftover grains of all kinds. Once you have your grain cooked, the wrap comes together in minutes. The recipe also doubles easily. Serve with a simple potato dish, and/or fresh corn—these wraps go with most anything! Or, pair with a soup. I especially like this with Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup. Recipe from Plant Power: Transform Your Kitchen, Plate, and Life with More Than 150 Fresh and Flavorful Vegan Recipes by Nava Atlas. ©2014, published by HarperOne, reprinted by permission. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky. This makes two wraps.
Hummus Wraps with Grains and Greens
- Two 10-inch wraps at room temperature
- ½ to ¾ cup hummus homemade or store-bought, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds or 1 tablespoon sesame seeds optional
- ½ cup or so cooked quinoa brown rice, or black rice
- A big handful or two of mixed baby greens shredded lettuce, baby arugula, or baby spinach
- 1 medium ripe fresh tomato thinly sliced
- ½ medium firm ripe avocado peeled and sliced
- Strips of sun-dried tomato as desired, optional
- Place one wrap on a plate. Spread with about ¼ cup hummus and sprinkle with hemp seeds, if desired.
- Arrange half the quinoa down the center of the wrap.
- Put a big handful of leafy greens next to it on one side and half the tomato slices on the other.
- Sprinkle half the avocado strips here and there, followed by a few strips of sun-dried tomatoes, if desired.
- Tuck two ends over the fillings; then, starting from one end, roll tightly, making sure that the ends are kept tucked in and that everything remains snugly inside.
- Repeat with the second wrap. Cut each wrap in half and eat out of hand.
Per wrap: Calories: 400; Total fat: 13g; Protein: 15g; Carbohydrates: 65g; Fiber: 13g; Sodium: 500mg
- Here are more tasty and easy vegan Sandwiches and Wraps.
Lovely recipe; And MANY THANKS for including easy to find and use pdf and print functions. I save a lot of recipes from blogs. It's great not to have to search for the print function; or copy and paste when I want to save and print out later.
Thanks Ruchama! It's always nice to hear from you.